Is anyone else having problems with 'ntpq'?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Jun 20 13:38:46 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 06:25:15PM -0400, Zbigniew Koziol wrote:
> But thats why this list exists! ;) I doubt that it was created to help
> others ;) LUGs were most likely created  by well experienced snobs who
> sometime have problems and MUST announce everyone that they got in one
> ;) [An exception to this on TLUG is perhaps Lenart S., who writes on
> technical issues not bothering to whom he writes, and why, because he
> likes writing ;)] After 5 minutes they pretend that they found
> solution themself and want to be admired for how smart they are... ;)
>
> Didnt you forget to put localhost in /etc/hosts ? ;)

Lack of localhost in /etc/hosts or a missing lo interface can make linux
do the strangest things (like no lo means you can't ping anything,
including yourself, which can really boggle the mind when you do it).

> Anyway, I am grateful to many who sometime, against my intention (or
> may be even against their own intention), did help indeed... ;)

People help, although I guess often people discuss things instead, which
can also be very helpful in some cases.

--
Len Sorensen