gtkpod on u 8.4

Andrew Cowie andrew-2KHxOkysSnqmy7d5DmSz6TlRY1/6cnIP at public.gmane.org
Thu Jun 19 05:00:45 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-18 at 23:09 -0400, Mr Chris Aitken wrote:
> The reason I don't want to rush into this is that, if
> possible, I don't want to lose the songs that are already on the iPod.

Notwithstanding anything else, you can always just mount the iPod and
copy all the files off of it, as in:

# mount /dev/sdb2 /mnt/ipod
# cp -a /mnt/ipod /home/chris/ipod-backup-that-I-had-better-not-lose

or whatever. At least it would give you a backup. That assumes, of
course, that you've got enough GB free for the data.

That all said, I just plugged a friends iPod in that hadn't been
connected in well over a year and which had certainly been accessed with
a much earlier version of gtkpod; I was a tinsy bit worried, but it was
fine.

This wasn't on Ubuntu, mind.

AfC
Sydney

--
Andrew Frederick Cowie

Operational Dynamics is an operations and engineering consultancy
focusing on IT strategy, organizational architecture, systems
review, and effective procedures for change management. We actively
carry out research and development in these areas on behalf of our
clients, and enable successful use of open source in their mission
critical enterprises, worldwide.

http://www.operationaldynamics.com/

Sydney   New York   Toronto   London