gtkpod on u 8.4

Mr Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Thu Jun 19 03:12:45 UTC 2008

I messed up my daughter's ubuntu 7.10 installation a few weeks ago by
thrashing about trying to "fix" permissions after an scp data backup.
I finally got around to reinstalling the OS, putting the new ubuntu 8.4
on. I want to install gtkpod again. The first time I did this ( on 7.10)
it took me six weeks to get everything working. Is the install pretty
much the same for 8.4? There was an svn install, and putting firewire ID
in the right place. The reason I don't want to rush into this is that,
if possible, I don't want to lose the songs that are already on the
iPod. Now her graduation is coming up (this Wednesday) and she is to be
the DJ with her iPod. IIRC it's the 4GB "Silver" Nano.

Chris