Creating a "mail gateway"

Ian Petersen ispeters-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 17 19:02:36 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 1:46 PM, Lennart Sorensen
> I of course don't personally believe in exchange having any
> value,

I _think_ my dad likes to have Exchange running partly because it
gives him practical experience when a customer calls up with Exchange
problems.  I think he has other reasons, too, but it's not really
worth arguing about, in my opinion.  It works adequately for him, and
there's not much point in mucking about with a functioning system.  In
my own case, I'd rather use something that's open source, and Free if
it's available, but I'm young enough that wasting time tinkering isn't
a waste.

> nor do I believe it is ever safe to connect a windows system to
> the internet without a seperate firewall between it and the internet.
> Software firewalls on windows don't count.

I with you there and, in this case, there's a Linksys product between
the cable modem and the Microsoft software firewall.

Ian