[mythtv-gta]: Re:MythTV Frontend Hardware

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 17 17:49:28 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 01:18:47PM -0400, Colin McGregor wrote:
> That was with the nvidia binary only driver (which the Mythbuntu
> people appear to hate) and I tried several encoding schemes including
> XvMC. In all cases I was at best looking at a stuttering video/audio.

What type of video?  What codec, bitrate, resolution, etc?  What CPU
were you running in it?

> My FE box (where the power supply fits) has what in my mind an odd
> location for the power supply (over the motherboard), The FE/BE box
> where things don't quite fit seems very much like a standard
> mini-tower tipped on its side, with the power supply JUST to one side
> of the motherboard. No, the issue here is that the Coolmax people
> included a short power cable between the power supply and motherboard
> connector....

Most boards have the power connector near the right side of the board
(where the right side is usually up in a tower case with ATX layout).
The power supply is usually placed next to that side of the board, that
is near the CPU socket.  On my silverstone HT case, the pwoer supply is
placed on the left side of the board, near the PCI slots, and hence
needs a longer cable (which it certainly has, and the case even included
an extension for the power connector).

--
Len Sorensen