Creating a "mail gateway"

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 17 17:46:12 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 12:19:00PM -0400, Ian Petersen wrote:
> Regarding postgrey, he's got some kind of spam filter in place.  Don't
> know anything about it except that it integrates with Exchange.  As
> for receiving mail when Rogers is down, won't the sending MTA queue
> things just as well as Postfix could?

They ought to yes.  Depends how long rogers is down of course.

So far I have not seen anything close to the effectiveness of postgrey
though.  I of course don't personally believe in exchange having any
value, nor do I believe it is ever safe to connect a windows system to
the internet without a seperate firewall between it and the internet.
Software firewalls on windows don't count.

--
Len Sorensen