Conspiracy?

JoeHill joehill-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Sat Jun 14 06:57:56 UTC 2008

D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:

> | From: David C. Chipman <dchipman-rYHPKw+MWrk at public.gmane.org>
>
> | 	Hi SlackRat,
> |
> | 		Thanks for showing us TLUG's
> | closet-racist/anti-capitalism/anti-Semitic whiner: yourself. Please
> | crawl back under the rock you crawled out from under.
>
> Sorry, I need an interpreter.
>
> I got the anti-capitalism.
>
> Can you indicate the closet-racist and anti-Semitic parts of
> SlackRat's message?
>
> (Sadly, I don' think that this is completely off-topic.  There are a
> lot of political things that are intersecting with Linux.  Mind you,
> the creation of the GPL was intentionally political.)

I had the same reaction, but I thought I would wait and see what others
reactions were.

In fact, I saw the connections that Slackrat was, I think, trying to make.
There is definitely a pattern of lack of due process visible in the way
decisions are made, and Bilderberg is a good example of that. Being curious
about gatherings of ridiculously influential people who then refuse to discuss
their conclusions is perfectly rational. These Plutocrats aren't just deciding
what to order for dinner, their 'discussions' could potentially impact millions
or even billions of people. To me, not being curious about this is completely
_irrational_.

Further, accusing someone of being 'anti-Semitic' is a fairly serious charge.
In this case, the charge is based a logical fallacy: that calling Nuremburg a
'kangaroo court' means one sympathises with the Nazis. This smacks of the same
kind of nonsense that labels me a terrorist if I dare to speak out against the
illegal detentions at Guantanamo.

Finally, being anti-Capitalist does not make one a loon, or 'off the rails' as
someone put it. All Slackrat pointed out was the clear and obvious motivations
of those who make idiotic decisons like the throttling of encrypted network
traffic or our new Copyright legislation: money.

It's amazing to me to see how criticizing Capitalism has become so Politically
Incorrect over the last 20 years.

--
JoeHill