Various Hardware

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 2 16:48:39 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 01, 2008 at 03:06:14PM -0400, Ian Petersen wrote:
> I think LCDs generally have a hard time with blacks because the
> backlight is always on and the liquid crystals can't always block it
> 100%.

Depends on the design.  There are new ones with LED backlights which
can turn of the backlight on each pixel which should help that and
reduce power consumption.  Some day OLEDs will probably replace LCD if
they ever get the sizes up in which case there will be no backlight
which would be nice.

--
Len Sorensen