Linux-friendly laptops

John Miles jmiles242-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 31 16:36:56 UTC 2008

I have been using Linux on my Thinkpads at work for years (no choice, given
an at IBM); a T22, then an X40, and now a T60p. They are all pretty good.
Mine have had an internal Atheros based wireless NIC in them though - except
the T22 which had a Cisco350 PCMCIA card. I use it almost exclusively for
work, so I can't provide any information on using it for fun things.

You've probably already checked, it but just in case
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/ThinkWiki has a pretty good summary on each
model's hardware, and the link to the ones with Linux already installed:
http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/webca/LenovoPortal/en_CA/special-offers.workflow:ShowPromo?LandingPage=/All/US/Landing_pages/Info/08/Linux

I have a "family and friends" discount on new and refurbished, that can be
used if that helps at all.

John Miles.