Anyone job-seeking for a sysadmin position?

Dan Thomson thomson.dan-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 31 14:19:48 UTC 2008

Maybe it's BC then. I've talked to a bunch of recruiters in Vancouver
(somewhat casually, I guess) and none of them seemed to grasp exactly
where my skills/interests lay. I've also gotten contacted a LOT for
positions I'm either really over or under qualified for.

Now I find that NOT jumping through hoops or abiding by these "job
search rules" (such as not mentioning compensation during the
interview) works best. I think that frank, direct honesty with
potential employers is probably going to help you most in the long
run. I haven't met a recruiter that agrees with me though :)

Dan Thomson