Linux-friendly laptops

Robert P. J. Day rpjday-L09J2beyid0N/H6P543EQg at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 31 14:16:10 UTC 2008

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008, Tyler Aviss wrote:

> Hey all,
>

> I've been laptop shopping recently and was wondering if anyone had
> good/bad experiences to share with whatever's available in the area.
> My current laptop is getting a bit long in the tooth, and seems to
> be running a bit hot these days (despite the fans being nicely clear
> of obstruction), as well as a bit slower for modern apps.
>
> I'm mainly looking at HP and possibly Asus laptops. Anyone recently
> buy a laptop and have any happy/horror stories to share?

i've purchased a number of laptops from tigerdirect.ca, and never had
a problem.  in fact, at the moment, they are advertising:

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=3701106&Sku=T71-15021&cm_re=Homepage-_-Spot%2001-_-Laptops_T71-15021

it's a starting point.

rday

Robert P. J. Day