Motherboard Grrrr: the ASUS M2N-MX SE PLUS -- BAD news...

Giles Orr gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Jul 26 15:06:36 UTC 2008

2008/7/25 Colin McGregor <colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>:
> Just to continue the grumbles I have been having with ASUS re: the
> M2N-MX SE PLUS motherboard, below is an e-mail I sent to the staff I
> have had contact with at ASUS. Anyone have the e-mail addresses of
> senior staff as ASUS that I could forward this on to?

I stopped buying ASUS about three years ago.  Their motherboards are
generally great, and very reliable (your experience being one of
exceptions).  I spent hours on the phone to them and ultimately gave
up in disgust: they were unwilling to help or issue an RMA despite the
board still being in warranty.  Or perhaps they would have if I'd
spent ten hours on the phone instead of three.  But I decided my time
and money were better spent buying another mobo from a different
company, which I did.  Gigabyte, I think?  It's been fine ever since.

ASUS do indeed (generally) make very good boards,  but when one of
their boards dies their support is some of the worst on the planet.
Save yourself the grief, just buy another board from someone else.

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/
gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org