how about adding a video card?

John McGregor mr.mcgregor-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Jul 22 14:55:19 UTC 2008

Zbigniew Koziol wrote:
> Perhaps a solution would be in adding a video card?
>
> But how do I force the system to recognise and use another video card?
>
> zb.

On some boards you can enter the bios and turn the onboard video off. On
others simply inserting a video card into the AGP / PCIe slot is enough
to force the change. Third, in a small percentage of cheap boards from
the likes of PC Chips, ASRocks et al that I've encountered there exists
only the ability to change the priority between the on-board and ad-in
cards but not to isolate either one (seems to be a not very good attempt
at SLI).

HTH

John