OT: UTP Residential Cabling Cost

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Tue Jul 22 14:02:41 UTC 2008

James Knott wrote:
> The answer to your question depends on who you hire, what exactly you
> want them to do, obstacles in your home etc.
In my case, I have a partially done setup by my builder. I need to label
which of the coax cable ends in my basement go to which rooms. Also
about six of the ends downstairs don't have connectors on them. I've
crimped ends on RJ45s before but never a coax.

The whole job would be less than half-an hour. I could probably do it
myself, but getting someone who knows what they're doing is probably
cheaper than buying the equipment. A weekend loan of the equipment, a
lesson on how to crimp a coax end, and knowing where to get the decent
quality crimp ends (like the kind Rogers uses for cords going to its
digital TV boxes and modems) would be sufficient for me.

- Evan