[OT] Removing stuck screw in hard drive case

Stephen stephen-d-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Jul 21 15:50:37 UTC 2008

So I was all set to put a larger hard drive into my PS3 and install
Linux, when I ran into a problem.

The existing drive is screwed into a casing. And the screws are frozen
and made of metal that seems a touch soft.

I searched the net and found that this is a common problem.

I called SONY's support, endured the 20 minute wait, and was pleased
that they are sending a new case and screws to me.

But I have to wait ... oh well.

And I want to get the existing hard drive out of the case to use as a
backup drive for my laptop.

So, any suggestions on how to free the drive from the case are welcome.
I want to save the drive, but the case and screws are expendable.

Thanks
Stephen