OT: APC Batteries

Scott Allen scotta-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 16 10:38:30 UTC 2008

On Tue Jul 15,2008 02:18:00 PM Ansar Mohammed wrote:
> A customer of mine has several APC UPSs that need new batteries
> that they are giving away. Is it worth it to source new batteries
> for these UPSs?

Genuine APC replacements will be a little expensive. APC uses
standard size batteries, so you can get non-APC branded ones for much
less.

I've found Sayal Electronics carries some of the sizes that APC uses,
for quite a low price.
<http://www.sayal.com/>

If you do an Internet search using the APC battery (pack) part
number, you'll find plenty of places selling third party
replacements. You can go to APC's web site to find the correct
battery part number for your UPS.

Note that some of the battery sizes that APC uses are available with
two different terminal sizes. If you buy replacements off the shelf,
make sure the terminals match the originals (or come with adapters).

--
** Scott Allen   scotta-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org **
**     Toronto, Ontario, Canada     **