[OT] Software Legalities (GPL, Intellectual Property, and more..)

Matthew Godycki mcg2-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Jul 15 16:01:38 UTC 2008

> Everyone I've told this idea to says that Wizards of the Coast will
> never let me get away with it. That sucks. I'd like to know how they can
> prevent me from doing it. Other than obvious statements like "they have
> money and therefore good lawyers", I'd like to know the actual legal
> issues this would cause, and how I can prevent any problems if possible.

Wizards of the Coast own (trademark and copyright?) the content you'd
be using to build this.  Using their gaming and world system without a
licence is an infringement.  Would they come after you?  Probably, I have
a friend who works at a similar place and they are very serious about
protecting their system.

-Matthew