LoneCoder: Project Mis-Management: TaskJuggler Drops the Ball

Ken Burtch ken-8VyUGRzHQ8IsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Tue Jul 15 15:03:48 UTC 2008

My latest blog entry, this one on the open source TaskJuggler software.

"Project management--that is, the attempt to organize resources and people
to meet a common goal--is a bit of a sham. TaskJuggler takes traditional
project management to the point of fanaticism.

"At work the other day, I was bemused when one of the IT staff walked into
a boardroom, took a marker, and wrote with large letters, 'WHY DOES
EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE SO DAMN HARD?' When I asked what his problem was, he
said, 'Project managers...'"

http://www.pegasoft.ca/coder/coder_july_2008.html