non-sympatica adsl2+

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Jul 12 18:47:05 UTC 2008

| From: Matt Price <matt.price-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org>

| does anyone know anything much about colbanet?  they seem to be offering
| adsl2+ for a VERY reasonable rate -- 27.95?  that's so much cheaper than
| bell or rogers i find it hard to believe.  any comments?
|
| http://www2.colba.net/index.php?MODID=Order2&SUBMOD=STEP3&Order2[ServiceID]=10

That rate is very good.  But it is described as "PROMOTION".  It looks
as if you can get 29.95/month for a one year contract -- pretty good.  Most
promotions last 3 or 6 months.  I would expect this rate to go up in
the near future.

Of course it could just be too good to be true -- it is roughly a
third of Sympatico's price for ADSL2+ "Total Internet Max":
87.95/month (but you can get various inducements like 2 months free).