MLPPP twarts Bell throttling?

Tom Low-Shang tlow-AZu5J0u3PMt/LtIqEKMDMfN90d+awN/n at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 2 20:23:26 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 02:36:55PM -0400, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> According to the first DSLreports forum entry on this thread, ML PPP
> avoids Bell throttling.
>
> Has anyone tried this?  Do the traditional Linux PPPoE stacks support ML
> PPP?  Do your ISPs support it?
>
> Intriguing, but I have not done any investigation.

MLPPP does work but I'm only using it on a single link, so it will be
easy for the throttling boxes to defeat. MLPPP just moves the data a few
bytes. Actually using multiple links will make it harder to defeat
according to some opinions. I'm using it on a stock Debian system with
texsavvy.com

I agree with Jamon that we should not have to resort these measures.

--
Tom Low-Shang
JID tlow-/eSpBmjxGS4dnm+yROfE0A at public.gmane.org