Permissions for hal mounted drives

William Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 2 23:37:08 UTC 2008

Hi,

When one insert a portable drive on a system running Redhat
distributions, its automatically mounted by I think HAL. I have
checked automount configurations and certain its not automount that is
running this process. The problem is, no one can write to a drive
mounted in this way other than root.

Which file can one edit to fix this behaviour. I would like to change
it so that other users can be able to save their work without
necessarily needing to start their application as root. I have
attempted changing the rights of /media directory, but it resort to
its defaults permission when it mount a drive. google search had
little of a solution, just a lot of article of other users who had the
same problem.

Regards,
William