Recovery procedures of NTFS filesystem

Richard Weait richard-gNTHUr35LhcAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jul 1 13:52:58 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 13:04 +0300, William Muriithi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I do care much and I am planning to follow up with it for as long as
> there is progress. So, if you have any suggestion, don´t hestate to
> share. I have spent a substantial time reading on data recovery
> yesterday and will be installing another 250GB before I can start
> using recovery tools. I have the impression that foremost is the best
> way to go. I will report back on progress.

William,

Good luck with the recovery.  I do not envy you the task.  I saw a
presentation in New Hampshire a few years ago that may help you.
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.org.user-groups.linux.gnhlug/6779

The presenter was one of a team that won the 2006 forensic file carving
challenge.  The competition required automated recovery of files from a
"damaged" file system in an iso; a situation similar to yours.

The presenter, Andy Bair, would be a great visiting speaker.

Good luck.