evolution: problem sending email

ted leslie tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org
Tue Jul 1 04:23:21 UTC 2008

ping the smtp server see if you get packet drops, or very poor bandwidth.

I tend to think it was the smtp server, but then, if others are getting to it no problem?

try another email program to aid in the detective work, should be about a 4 minute task?

i experienced a freaky problem once,
i could web browser, but had issue with ftp (and other stuff - probably email),
turns out i had a noisy cat 5 wire hookup
that suffered from certain types of traffic and not others, bizzar as hell,
straightened out the cable and then fine.

but yeah, just get another email program hookup to rule in or out stuff.
also you could tcpdump your wire, and compare it to a sucessful one,
to maybe see some useful info.

-tl

ted leslie <tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org>