Keyboards

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 31 16:41:27 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 10:03:21AM -0500, William O'Higgins Witteman wrote:
> Yes, those are the ones.  I resent the "stupidly", but I learned to type
> on a manual typewriter, and I want to actually feel like something is
> happening, rather than have to watch the screen the whole time.

I personally like keytronic keyboards.  Nice feel to them, and not very
noisy and they don't take that much force to push a key down which helps
for typing quickly, but you certainly do have to actually push them down
a fair distance.

> The squishy, inaccurate membrane keyboard that you use silently is the
> cause of many errors to me, and who says I have a quiet computer?

There are lots of keyboards I don't like which are too mushy.  Mostly I
hate the lousy layouts many keyboards have.  I will stick with my KT800.
Never breaks, but it does use colapsible rubber towers as the keys (so
not as bad as the membrame on many laptop keyboards).

--
Len Sorensen