Keyboards

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 31 15:19:22 UTC 2008

Just to add my own 2c.

>From what I remember the "exercise" is a lot better for your fingers
than many of the cheaper, low-resistance keyboards. Old springy-style
keys offered a more gradual resistance to typing, so that those who
are used to them "bounce" their fingers off the keys. Many of the more
modern keyboards, in comparison,  have low resistance. This means that
your fingers have more impact at the end, similar to continuously
driving them against a hard surface. Many people I've talked to find
that the springy keyboards cause less wear-and-tear on one's digits
because of this, and they still have a strong following in many circle
(especially the old IBM "clickety-clack" ones). Plus it really sounds
like you're getting a lot done when you go to town on those suckers
*clicketyclicketyclickety* :-)

--
Tyler Aviss
Systems Support