help

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 31 14:55:38 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 09:42:48AM -0500, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> Well one method would be to just get the .deb packages from somewhere
> that has them such as ubuntu hardy.
>
> You can get the .deb's and install them with dpkg -i blah.deb ...
>
> You can find them here:
> http://ca.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/a/alsa-driver/
> http://ca.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/a/alsa-lib/
> http://ca.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/a/alsa-utils/
> http://ca.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/a/alsa-plugins/
>
> And you can get the alsa-firmware for 1.0.15 from the same place you got
> it before, or you can get it here:
>
> http://ppa.launchpad.net/tsmithe/ubuntu/pool/main/a/alsa-firmware/

If you do install all those updated alsa packages (and I guess any
dependancies they demand as well), then you can compile and install the
updated alsa-source drivers with this command:

apt-get install module-assistant
m-a -t prepare
m-a a-i -t alsa

That should hopefully work OK, and after a reboot you should hopefully
see alsa version 1.0.15 in /proc/asound/version

Hopefully at that point the mixer settings become more sane since it
won't be the very first early release of support for the emu, but rather
the updated and somewhat more complete driver.

--
Len Sorensen