help

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 31 14:30:54 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 09:08:15PM -0500, chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org wrote:
> The only '------' I have are under the Items ADC1 14d, another ADC1 14d,
> ADC2 14d, and ADC3 14d. They are not "under" anything - above each one is
> only space. And, "yes" if I hit [spacebar] it shows a red 'L CAPTUR R'
> above the item.

Well ADC tends to mean analog to digital convertor, also known as an
input.  Most likely one of those is the inputs you are looking for.

I do see some claims that things work much better with alsa 1.0.15
rather than 1.0.14.  That unfortunately requires 2.6.24 kernel or an
external alsa driver compile.  Certainly debian has alsa 1.0.15 packages
available in the unstable release that can be compiled against any
recent kernel, so if ubuntu doesn't have that it would be easy to get
from debian and use that.

Apparently configuring routing of ports on the emu devices is still a
bit confusing.  They are capable of many weird things which of course
means they are complex to setup.  Apparently the capture device setup
was under playback initially which of course makes no sense at all.

--
Len Sorensen