using screen

Seneca Cunningham tentra-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 31 12:40:00 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 02:16:44AM -0500, William O'Higgins Witteman wrote:
> C-a C-s     (xoff)        Send a control-s to the current window.
>
> I just know that it puts my screen instance into a state that I cannot
> return it from.  Can someone tell me how to get my screen instance to
> talk to me again?

It's fairly simple.  You just need to send it xon (C-a C-q).  ^S and ^Q
are basic flow control, and you can also use them in the console or at
an xterm.  You entering ^S, XOFF, tells the source you're connected to
to stop transmitting.  ^Q, XON, tells it that you are ready to receive
more data.

--
Seneca
tentra-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org