alsamixer mystery functions

chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 31 01:27:07 UTC 2008

I've been soliciting help on another list. They are taking a while getting
back to me so I thought I'd run a couple of mysteries by you.

"Under ALSA mixer you need the switches tab, which allows you to select
which input you are recording from.  You turn up the levels under the
recording tab, which has a master called capture."

I have NO tabs in alsamixer or alsamixer gui. alsamixer is just a row of
level bars. The only "tabs" is the use of the [Tab] button on the keyboard
that only lets you select among [Playback], [Capture], and [All] which just
shows you some or all of the level bars.

Also, another user referred to 'Preferences' in the 'Edit' menu. I have no
menus at all in alsamixer or alsamixergui.

?!?!

Chris