help

chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 30 22:50:13 UTC 2008

Lennart Sorensen writes:

<snip>

> Maybe the inputs are muted by default.
>
> If you hit 'tab' in alsamixer, you should toggle between playback,
> capture and all mode.

Yes, that works fine.

>  Maybe under capture you can select which input to
> use as capture and unmute if necesary and such.  Hit 'spacebar' to
> select an input as the current capture source.

That worked in ALSA for the Intel card - I hit spacebar and get a (red) 'L
CAPTUR R' under, say, LINE. That's not working the same for ALSA on the
emu1212m - there I can only get 'L CAPTUR R' under the ADC offerings - when
I hit spacebar under LINE it shows no change.

> My sb live (another emu10k1 based card) has inputs:
> Front (I think this is whatever the card is currently outputting to the
>        front speakers)
> Surround (Probably what the rear speakers are getting)
> Synth (Output of the midi synth engine if playing midi files)
> Wave (Standard digital audio output from any normal application)
> Line (Line in on back of card)
> Line Livedrive (One of the line in ports on the livedrive that is
> 		attached)
> Line2 LiveDrive 1 (The other line in on the livedrive)
> CD (the connector on the card labeled CD for hooking up to the CD drive
>     for analog CD sound)
> Mic (Mic jack on back of card)
> Video (Internal connector on card labeled video)
> Phone (Internal connector on card labeled phone.  Yes it has a lot of
>        internal connectors on the card)
> IEC958 Coax (digital output on back of card (1/8" jack that can be
>              adapted to coax digital)
> IEC958 LiveDrive (digital coax on livedrive)
> IEC958 TTL (not sure where this one is, it may be the same jack in a
>             different mode)
> Aux (internal connector on card labeled AUX)
> Capture Mix (Mix of all selected capture sources combined)
> Mix Mono (Same as above except merged to mono)
>
> At least that is what I think they all are.  I don't use very many of
> them myself.
>
> You can get a list of all the controls this way:
>
> amixer -c 1 controls
>
> -c 1 means card 1 rather than the default card 0.

Okay, I see 'em  - must be a hundred.

Chris