help

chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 30 16:10:08 UTC 2008

Does anyone know a consultant I could hire to help me with my emu1212m pci
card, alsa, and ubuntu? The consultant I normally use (when things go beyond
what I can do and what this list can help me with) is not doing that kind of
thing anymore. He suggested I try linuxcaffe website for a listing. However,
rather than call them all I thought I'd ask you guys if you know of anyone
really good at sound stuff. I find that this list is really great for help
and that my learning goes up. However, for really deep stuff like kernel
panics, boot problems, and the like, everything gets really quiet. Now my
problems (see "X/boot" thread) have gotten worse. I was logging in as user
then running 'startx' to get my system up (which then wouldn't give me the
privilege of shutting down). Now, I can't even get in as regular user at
all. I can go in as root but alsa is not showing my card of choice (emu1212m
pc). Audacity lets me choose the emu but doesn't give me all the
functionality the I get with the onboard Intel card. I got the emu1212m pci
card because it seems to be a semi-pro card that I hoped would give me
better recording sound than the onboard Intel one does. But it's a bitch to
configure under alsa/ubuntu and when it is up I can't get all the
functionality out of it. I'm getting advice from another list about how I
should have tabs and menus in alsamixer and alsamixergui that those apps
don't even show me in my system. I have a recording project I wan to start
this week. I don't mind a little troubleshooting but I'm troubleshooting
alsa/emu/ubuntu INSTEAD of recording!

If anyone knows a consultant that could handle all this stuff please let me
know.

Chris