X/boot/emu1212m

Christopher Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 25 20:16:46 UTC 2008

Christopher Aitken wrote:

<snip>
> Since I want to use the emu1212m pci card and not the onboard Intel
> card am I correct to assume that setting 'Compaq Audio Device' to
> 'Disabled' in the BIOS is a good idea?
It looks like is a bad idea. I tried setting 'Compaq Audio Device' to
'Disabled' in the BIOS and when I booted up, alsa did not see the
emu1212m. When I reset it to IRQ 10 (the BIOS default) the emu1212m was
detected again. So, I guess the emu1212m need the 'Compaq Audio Device'.
Maybe the 'Compaq Audio Device' is not the same as the onboard Intel
card. Maybe it just controls whatever card (onboard or other) you are
using...

Chris

<snip>