emu 1212m pci on ubuntu 7.10

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 22 20:40:29 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 03:30:39PM -0500, Christopher Aitken wrote:
> Actually, I did. I didn't want to mention it because I was afraid it
> would sound to Microsoftish.
>
> After I rebooted I ran alsamixer - the old card is still the only one
> listed. Maybe it sees the card but I just don't know how to get
> alsamixer to show it.

alsamixer shows the first card by default.  Check /proc/asound/cards to
get a list.  If it is there, you should be able to tell alsamixer to
look at the second card.  You can also add module options to set the
index number on each card if you want the EMU first.

What does dmesg say about sound cards if anything?  Certainly an onboard
AC97 won't show much.  Perhaps the EMU shows a bit more.

--
Len Sorensen