A video demo of MythTV

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 22 01:19:49 UTC 2008

Small note,

I ran across the following little video on MythTV:

  http://revision3.com/systm/mythtv/

The video is slightly dated in the following ways:

- The pcHDTV-3000 TV tuner card has now be replaced by
the pcHDTV-5500 TV tuner card.

- The Zap2it Labs TV listing service has been shut
down, and replaced by a service from Schedules Direct.

- KnoppMyth is no longer the only Linux distribution
specifically to support the set-up/install of MythTV
(I am also aware of Mythdora and Mythbuntu). (to note
my biases here I started with KnoppMyth, as it was the
only game in town at the time. I have looked at
Mythdora / Mythbuntu, they are nice, but not nice
enough to make me change.).

A features that I am fond of that were not mentioned
in the video include:

- auto skipping commercials
- the ability to change the menu look / appearance.

Still, issues aside, a good video.

Colin McGregor