Gentoo desktop?

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 21 19:06:30 UTC 2008

On Jan 21, 2008 10:15 AM, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> So if you trust a binary compiler from gentoo based on a hash, why
> would't you trust everything else as binary if it matches the hash from
> gentoo (if they actually provided such things)?

It is not just about a hash, and gentoo doesn't provide all the
binaries -- third parties, who I don't trust, provide them.  So, of
course I would not trust them.  If gentoo were to do binary
distribution, they should follow the various other binary distros and
utilize GPG and hashes...
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen
"Know something about everything and everything about something."