Debian Sid and Grub

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Sun Jan 20 19:04:35 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jan 19, 2008 at 01:47:22PM -0500, Merv Curley wrote:
> I think you can make it only as small as one track of the disk, so it will
> depend on the disk capacity?  Maybe I am just using the wrong partitioning
> tool.

Sure you could make it that small, but would it have enough room for
your kernels and initrd's if you did that?  Disk space is cheap, I hate
running out. :)

> At any rate I have 3 small partitions at the start of the drive and Mythbuntu
> installed in 2 LVM logicals. That part is ok but the mythtv backend refuses
> to work so far. No problem like this before with mythtv. Hopefully my error
> will show up.

I believe you have to make database changes for mythtv to allow remote
clients to talk to it.  I saw something in the mythtv docs about it.  My
mythtv is all on one box so I haven't had to look at it yet.

--
Len Sorensen