D'oh!

chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Sat Jan 19 19:42:03 UTC 2008

Dave Germiquet writes:

> Hey Chris,
>
> So it looks like there is no open ssh server on there :)

Okay, I did a sudo apt-get install openssh-server. I tried scp and, after
something about RSA, authentication, and IP added to list of known
addresses, it worked!

Sorry, I was using some sloppy troubleshooting. I figured that since I could
scp from cpc to ppc, that cpc should have already had everything it needs.
Of course, when I tried the other way around (scp from ppc to cpc) I got the
same 'connection lost' error (as the one got when trying to scp from dpc to
cpc). So, you (and Lennart) were right - openssh was not on cpc.

So, I still can't give dpc the 192.168.0.4/24 address that I wanted (I guess
I'm stuck with the 192.168.0.102/24 address that it got (I guess) from the
router.

However, now that I can do everything I want from dpc (Internet, printing,
and scp) I guess I can live with the 192.168.0.4/24 address. Just a little
annoying that I don't "get" why.

If anyone knows a good tcp/ip readme let me know. Can you believe I actually
passed the TCP/IP exam when I did my mcse (dirty acronym, I know) years ago?

Thanks for your help guys.

Chris

<snip>