OT (Windows): SD Card reader on Gateway Laptop

Paul King sciguy-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org
Sat Jan 19 02:56:07 UTC 2008

Hello

This is labelled off-topic, since this is a Windows question, and I need
some help. My Gateway laptop, about 1.5 years old, a wireless
tablet/notebook combo, has a slot for an SD card at the front of the
unit. While it doesn't work in Linux, it also doesn't work in Windows. I
thought that Windows would auto-detect the device, but it does not.

There is no bios setting for this, and the forums I've visited have
stated that there was a problem, but I had no satisfactory answer as of
yet. OTOH, there is plenty of stuff regarding Linux which I am going to
try out, which is why I am not asking about Linux.

If anyone knows anything about these Gateway laptops and had dealt with
the issue, please reply if you can. Thanks.

Paul King