Domain registration and hosting

Kareem Shehata kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 17 03:19:19 UTC 2008

_______________________________________
From: owner-tlug-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org [mailto:owner-tlug-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org] On Behalf Of alorane
Sent: Tuesday 15 January 2008 12:54
To: List, TLUG
Subject: [TLUG]: Domain registration and hosting

Hi

The Non-Profit Group I am belonging to wants to build a website. Any
suggestions for cheap and reliable Domain registration and hosting?
I looked at VPSLink as they support Ubuntu and charge only $6.99 for hosting
but they don't do the Domain registration.

[KMS] The domain registration topic has been beaten to death.  As for
hosting, that depends entirely on your requirements.  It doesn't really
matter whether they run Ubuntu, Debian, or anything else, so long as they
support the apps you need and provide the resource levels to match.  Most
will support the "typical" php/mysql setup (see previous thread on web tools
for a lot more detail).

Beware the trap of the lowest bidder.  I got sucked into Bluehost for a
while, and then my two most important sites failed and they shutdown my
account.  Not good.  Try and find someone with at least some reputation for
what you're doing, and ask them about the *specific* apps you want to use.

Good luck!

-kms