OT: legal obligations

John McGregor mr.mcgregor-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 16 18:42:18 UTC 2008

Hi Folk,
         I repair PCs for a living and since most members of the public
think that a back up is something you do when you put a car in reverse,
this often entails digging through an old hard drive trying to recover
files. I was doing just that on the weekend when news of the recent
arrests for child porn activities were announced. This got me to
wondering what my, and other computer techs', obligations are if we find
illegal content when doing a similar search? Thoughts?

John