Gentoo desktop?

Mel Wilson mwilson-4YeSL8/OYKRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 16 03:51:55 UTC 2008

Dave Germiquet wrote:
> I read it, but how could something like this happen nowadays?
>
> Don't a hundred eyes see the same code all the time because of "Open
> Source" or is the safety of open source an illusion?

I seriously don't know.  I just finished a Kubuntu re-install and
upgrade; I've just filled a system, and I don't even know clearly
where the stuff came from, let alone what the stuff is.

Even when the upgrade crashed half-way through, and adept wouldn't
even start again until I'd got dpkg to pick up the pieces -- I'm
worried, but not so worried that I won't use the system tomorrow, when
I have other things I have to do.

	Mel.