OT: WPA2 PSK reasonable Key Length

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 15 20:02:17 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 02:56:09PM -0500, Ivan Avery Frey wrote:
> When configuring a WPA2 wireless network at home what would be a
> reasonable key length in ASCII characters? I'm using AES encryption.

No idea.  Personally I am starting to wonder why I bother having
encryption at all.  From what I read both WPA and WEP are so far broken
(WPA enterprise is fine but I don't run a radius server).  Makes you
wonder if WPA2 is really any better.  Maybe I should just stick to ssh
connections only on the wireless network.

For WPA I tend to use 40+ characters.  I don't think I have WPA2 support
on anything I own yet, although I suspect my wife's tablet supports it.

--
Len Sorensen