D'oh!

Brandon Sandrowicz bsandrow-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 14 15:46:10 UTC 2008

> No /etc/sysconfig is a redhat'ism.  There should bet
> /etc/network/interfaces, although quite how networkmanager gets along
> with that I have no idea since I have never used the network manager
> myself.
> --
> Len Sorensen

As far as I know, NetworkManager interacts with DBus/HALd.  If you use
/etc/network/interfaces to configure an interface, NetworkManager
doesn't configure it (it might show it in the admin interface, though
I think).  If you use NetworkManager 100% to set things up, it
configures them when it starts up, as far as I know.

--
Brandon Sandrowicz