emu 1212m pci on ubuntu 7.10

Christopher Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Sat Jan 12 16:36:18 UTC 2008

With my (still relatively) new ubuntu instalation I haven't tried to get
my emu 1212 m pci soundcard working. I did this successfully a while
back when I had fedora 7 on the box. I just re-read all the emails from
that and it seems that the only thing I did to make it work was getting
the latest alsa on the machine. Would the following be a good way to start?:

sudo apt-get install alsa
sudo apt-get install alsa-firmware
sudo apt-get instal alsa-lib

Please note that this time I'm asking /before/ I do careless stuff. I
think it's better to thrash-talk than thrash about in my computer...

Chris