Gentoo desktop?

Dave Germiquet davegermiquet-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 10 21:38:43 UTC 2008

I love gentoo and its use flags because everything I need gets compiled in.

I've never had any problems with the 64 bit issue (I run 64 bit gentoo)

I used some type of emulator package for my win32 binaries i think and
my firefox (its been a while since i've had to configure it)

Compiling the package from scratch is a drag but it has its advantages
with you get what you want compiled in HENCE:

Restricted Patent Packages (if you want them you can choose like MPPE
for Windows VPNS)
MP3's
and so forth.... I know Debian may have a similiar thing but i find
gentoo easier.

I also learned alot from installing gentoo.