All I want for x-mas is :: no more sound card is in use errors!

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 10 16:38:18 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 11:20:52AM -0500, Tyler Aviss wrote:
> Does the alsa-oss driver not automatically do the software mixing for
> OSS type apps then? I assumed it was just a wrapper to the ALSA
> functionality for OSS-only apps?

No it does not since the OSS device is apparently not supposed to do so
(although for hardware mixing it always has and hence does under alsa
too).

I belieave running the program using aoss wrapper does work fine with
the software mixing, so you can just do:

aoss crappy_oss_only_program arguments

But I have never tried it since I have never needed in on my card.

--
Len Sorensen