Screen scraping a 3270 terminal?

Aaron Vegh aaronvegh-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 9 17:50:44 UTC 2008

Hi there,
I have a client who wants me to scrape information from a number of
web-located resources (they're all internal to their network). That's
doable, but among the resources are two 3270 terminal sessions that
have to be logged into, navigated through and then scraped.

My normal procedure is to use curl to snatch and parse HTML from a
site, and it will suffice for the rest of the job. But how does one
programmatically parse through an old green screen application?

I found a vendor called Jagacy (jagacy.com) that provides a Java-based
solution, but it seems to be GUI based... and I'm not that good with
Java anyway.

Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers!
Aaron.

--
Aaron Vegh, Principal