Booth design

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 7 20:45:29 UTC 2008

As previously noted there is talk going on inside the
executive regarding IT360. With that comes the
question of furnishing a booth on the cheap.

The current design view boils down to some sort of
holder/frame at the back to hold up a backdrop +
posters. In front of that 1 - 2 folding table(s)
(covered and skirted in order to hold literature on
top and hide coats/spare supplies underneath). In
front of that 2 bar stools / bistro chairs for
volunteers to sit on (we want people even when sitting
to be at roughly eye height of visitors to the booth,
so, no regular chairs).

Beyond that, carpeting would be very nice, but not
required. and nothing else...

The closest thing to a controversy is centered around
the design of the back holder/frame. Question is, do
we want:

- A T style holder where a center post holds out 2
4.75 foot hangers from which we hang our backdrop
material.

- An upside down U frame with posts at each end
holding up a 9.5 foot pole across the back.

Both ideas have a set of strengths and weaknesses. Key
point in my books is that we want a booth design that
can fold up and be dropped into the back of a small
car or in a pinch be hauled away by 4-5 volunteers on
the subway...

Colin McGregor