GTALug and IT360

Asaf Maruf asafmaruf-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 7 20:28:26 UTC 2008

Wouldn't be a bad idea to show one of the following open source
virtualization software:

1. OpenVZ
2. KVM

Infact, OpenVZ is available as a Live CD and another live CD based on
Knoppix (VMKnoppix) can also be used to demonstrate the power of Linux and
open source.

VMKnoppix can be downloaded from here:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-knoppix/2007/03/msg00011.html

Asaf

On Jan 6, 2008 8:33 PM, David J Patrick <djp-tnsZcVQxgqO2dHQpreyxbg at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 06, 2008 at 01:07:59PM -0500, Bill Duncan, 416-697-9315 wrote:
> > [Colin McGregor said:]
> > >
> > > So, what do you want to see at IT360? Keep in mind
> > > that the goal here is to get a general IT crowd
> > > involved with Linux and GTALug. Beyond that well, we
> > > want to make as big a splash as we can.
> >
> > I'd say that for the past few years, much of the IT excitement is in
> > virtualization and cost savings.  I'd say show off a honking machine
> > with dozens of virtual servers running with all flavours of OSes running
> > on top.   Take your pick on the technology, maybe two systems, one using
> > Xen, the other VMware.
> >
> I would second that. Demonstrate linux in action and with real world
> applications running.
> djp

"I can live with doubt and uncertainty and not knowing. I think it is much
more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers that might be
wrong." - Richard P. Feynman