Need a ZIP Code for Toronto.

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 2 00:27:03 UTC 2008

--- Kevin Cozens <kevin-4dS5u2o1hCn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Colin McGregor wrote:
> > So, I can make things work with the Lockport 14094
> ZIP
> > code but is there a better US ZIP code to use with
> > Schedules Direct?
>
> Based on checking out Google maps, the closest point
> to Toronto that is in the
> US would be near the shore of Lake Ontario. I came
> up with a postal Code of
> 14174-1059 but, as the crow flies, that is hardly
> any difference from what you
> already tried.

I did check the 14174 ZIP code (Schedules Direct only
deals in 5 digit US ZIP codes). This does help to the
tune of one channel. The Youngstown, NY listings
(unlike the Lockport listings) do include CITY TV's HD
listings, which is an improvement. For the other
problem channels (like the Toronto Sun HD channel), I
can still deal with those, but it means more manual
edits than I am happy with. Still, being able to drop
the number of channels I have to jump through hoops on
is a nice thing.

Thanks.

Colin McGregor